Kennedy Krieger Institute Implements Patient Tracking System built as a custom solution on SharePoint Platform
Kennedy Krieger Institute is an internationally recognized organization based out of Baltimore, MD. It is dedicated to improving the lives of individuals with disorders of the brain, spinal cord, and musculoskeletal system through Patient Care, Special Education, Community Initiatives and research & Professional Training.
Kennedy Krieger Institute was facing issues with their existing procedure on appointment tracking for Patient, Patient transfers to various internal therapy departments, data accessibility due to limited search and appointment reminders via emails to patients.
Our solution for KKI had to achieve the following –
- Staff Management dashboard
- Patient registration application
- Assigning treatments by therapy manager according to specific time slots
- Application to manage internal transfers to various treatment departments
- Modalities reports for keeping the best experience of patients.
- Email Reminders to patients about their upcoming treatment appointments
- Search enhancements across the application.
KKI’s existing SharePoint intranet was leveraged to build a solution on top of it. We used Kendo UI to develop a custom SharePoint solution using MS Visual Studio 2013 to meet the above mentioned objectives.
This custom solution contained various dashboards and web services directly interacting with SQL Server, the back-end server used as data source. The web services would directly call the custom SQL stored procedures developed to fetch and represent the real-time data.
A dashboard for hospital staff was developed, where the Care Center staff, Physical Therapist and Therapy Managers were able to access the portal.
To track patients, a dashboard was developed using MS Visual Studio 2013, where the records were represented graphically in different stages like referrals, evaluations (awaiting evaluations, scheduled evaluation), treatment, etc.
The therapy manager could add, retrieve and update the details of the patients, as per their process for the visual data as reviewed through the dashboard.
For the new patient, they were notified and evaluated in stages as scheduled by the Therapy manager. In all the stages, the respective staff, Care Center staff and the Therapists, are notified through mail.
Along with this the details of modalities used by the therapist was also a part of the patient tracking system. Condition of the patients were documented and stored after every session. This would help the therapists understand treatment history and how the patient responds to specific treatments, even if the therapist changes, or has to go-through of the entire case at one-go.
There were various reports like outcomes, modality and diagnosis report created for the managers would receive the patients. A follow-up reports is also generated for the patient after the relieving formalities is over. Archiving feature was provided to help the staff to manage the records efficiently.
Search functionality was also developed to help the staff get all the details of the patient, with either KKI Number or Name as filters. This would help the staff during emergency and have all the information handy.
- An end to end system for patient tracking which completes an entire patient tracking flow - right from the appointment scheduling of a patient, to getting
and getting discharged to the follow ups thereafter.
- A central location for all the patient related information and ease of accessibility through improved Search functionality.
- Managing patients according to their allocated time slots saved a lot of time for KKI and also helped in pre planning the arrangements for the patients.
- All the therapy course allotment and transfers became a one click solution.
- The Patients were aware of the treatments they were undergoing through an email communication.
Our proven methodologies and a track record of excellent services backed with by years of experience with SharePoint will ensure a high success ratio and a greater user acceptance.
Let us know what you are looking for and get a quick quote from our SharePoint team!